Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Winter fun

Wow, it has come to this already. Winter, really? I'm not sure that summer really left. In the past few week we have had feet upon feet of snow, followed by blue bird skies and temperatures in the 50's. The feet that fell are gone by the next day and what remains are slush piles that melt/freeze/melt causing the roads to look like the hoover dam burst and we got the sediment and left over sludge that made it's way here.
The up side is that now being on the front range, and in the mountains, we are afforded the luxury of skiing in the early morning and rock climbing or ice climbing by noon. Take the past few days for example. We had over a foot of snow in the last three days, yet the other day it was 45 and not a cloud in the sky. While I was exhausted from working my first full day of work all summer and getting no sleep the night before, Jess went out at 1pm and ice climbed until dark. Today it was 50 and we left to go climb at 10:30am, drove in the snow, mud and slush, hiked a couple of miles through the same only to get to the rock and it be almost 60 in the sun. It was the perfect day. It's what we like to call shirts off climbing.
I have been informed that this is what my life will now consist of. Snow and sun and climbing.
Now you might be thinking, "what are you going to do for skiing"? To answer that question, I am going to ski. Mostly back county however I will be volunteering for my ski pass in Breckenridge with the B.O.E.C. I will at least get my resort fix this way and still see my friends. As the winter goes on, I am hoping to have more and more to write about.
The final thing we are doing is a climbing trip to Thailand for a month. I will tons to write about on that topic. More adventures to come :D

No comments:

Post a Comment